Monday, July 11, 2016

This Blog is TEN YEARS OLD

I can't believe I have blogging for TEN YEARS.  Ten friggin' years.  It seems like yesterday when I started this thing, and it has turned into this monster record of all of the ridiculously delicious things I have made in the last decade.  Not that that's a bad thing.  It's just not what I had planned at the beginning.  If there even was a plan.

Once I got over the initial shock that I'd been doing this blogging thing for almost forever and a day, I had to decide exactly how to commemorate it.  I'm not making my blog a birthday cake.  And I'm not buying it a birthday present.  (Although I did just recently order a very nice All Clad nonstick 14-inch pan which will very much assist in my efforts here.)  I finally decided that the answer was to go through the bizillion things I have posted and pick the top 10 recipes.

You have no idea how difficult this was once I actually started looking through everything.  While not everything I make turns out something ground-breaking, I came up with a first-round list of thirty items where I was literally licking the crumbs/sauce/other embarrassing remains once the main serving was finished.  Then I painstakingly crossed off items until I got a list of ten things I would be perfectly happy to eat everyday for the rest of eternity.

And now for......THE LIST (in no particular order):











In case you're curious about the twenty runners up, here they are:  Chicken with Morels, Baklava Cups, Currywurst, Better Than Paula's Banana Pudding, Ham & Provolone Sliders, Tony's Chocolate Pecan Pie, Plum Crunch, English Pea Salad, Scalloped Potatoes and Pork Chops with Onion Gravy, Migas, Blueberry Cobbler, Egg Salad Supreme, Ultimate Vanilla Cupcakes, Tagliarelle with Truffle Butter, Beatty's Chocolate Cake, Fried Catfish, Broccoli Cheese and Rice Casserole, Nicoise on a Roll, Shahi Korma, and Thai Spring Rolls.

No comments: