Sunday, July 31, 2016

Dole: Tangy Poppy Seed Fruit Salad


I love summer.  Love. It.  It's all warm outside, and there's tons of awesome things to eat.  You can go to the farmer's market and pick up a metric ton of fruit that's luscious and ripe and bursting at the seams.  It's fantastic.  So of course I had to take advantage of this amazing time of year by making a big 'ol bowl of fruit salad.  And then trying to figure out exactly how much I could eat before making myself sick. (Answer: a lot).

Note: I added a mango to the mix, and it was awesome.  I also used a drained 10.7-ounce can of mandarin orange wedges instead of peeling a navel orange.  Because I'm lazy like that.

Tangy Poppy Seed Fruit Salad
From Dole

1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks
1 orange, peeled and sectioned
1 kiwi fruit, peeled, halved, and sliced
1 cup red or green grapes
1 cup hulled and quartered strawberries
¼ teaspoon grated lime peel
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon poppy seeds

Drain pineapple chunks; reserve ¼ cup juice. Combine pineapple, orange, kiwi, grapes, and strawberries in a large bowl. Stir reserved juice, lime peel, lime juice, honey, and poppy seeds in a cup. Pour over salad; toss.

Makes 4 servings

No comments: